Veteran Owned Small Business
Q: Who must file an Annual Hazardous Waste Report?
A: Reports for each reporting year are due to both the state agency and the USEPA Regional Office. The State of Mississippi requires that large and small quantity generators complete a Hazardous Waste report for submission to the agency for review. The USEPA requires the report only for large quantity generators.
Q: What is the difference between a large quantity generator and a small quantity generator of hazardous waste?
A large quantity generator is any site or facility that generates, in a single calendar month, 1,000 kilograms, (or 2,200 pounds) or more of Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) hazardous waste. Or, a single site that generated, in a single calendar month or accumulated at any time, one (1) kilogram or 2.2 pounds of acute hazardous waste.
A large quantity generator also includes a site that generated or accumulated at any time, more than 100 kilograms or 220 pounds of spill cleanup material contaminated with an acutely hazardous waste.
The RCRA small quantity generator is one that generates greater than 100 kilograms or 220 pounds, and less than 1,000 kilograms or 2,200 pounds of hazardous waste in a single calendar month.
Q: When is the annual Hazardous Waste report due?
A: The Annual Hazardous Waste report is due to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) and the USEPA Regional Office by March 1 of the following year. (2007 reporting is due by March 1, 2008.)



©Hazclean Environmental Consultants of Mississippi, Inc.  All Rights Reserved, 2001 HAZCLEAN Environmental Consultants, Inc.